It’s finally here! The much anticipated Magpul MS3 Multi Mission Sling System started shipping a few weeks ago and is now available for purchase. With the MS3, Magpul tried to address any concerns associated with its predecessor, the MS2. They did away with the 1″ tubular webbing and went with a 1.25″ flat webbing for better comfort and wear resistance. They also designed a totally new attachment point and locking system. You can check out the Video, Pics and Specs below.
Driven by the operational experience of Magpul DynamicsSM instructors, the MS3 Multi-Mission Sling System was designed to give a versatile weapon-retention solution for a multitude of tactical environments and missions. As a standalone product, the rapidly-convertible MS3 allows an operator to leverage the maneuverability of one-point attachment for direct action, or two-point attachment for stability. Single-hand adjustments and quick-release, positive-locking hardware provide flexibility and durability in a truly adaptable sling system.
Used in conjunction with the Magpul ASAP® plate (sold separately), the MS3 enables seamless transitions into an array of shooting positions without getting bound or fouled. The MS3 concept allows switching from Weapon Shoulder to Reaction Shoulder for shooting around corners, under vehicles, or to minimize exposure. The MS3 can also increase operator survivability by keeping the weapon in the fight in case of injury to the operator’s shoulder, arm, or hand.
The MS3 incorporates several new features over its predecessor, the MS2, including all new Magpul designed and built hardware as well as improved webbing for greater durability and compatibility.
Made in U.S.A. and 100% Berry Amendment Compliant.
- Fast transition from one-point to two-point configuration
- Adjustment Loop for rapidly adding or removing sling tension with a single-hand
- Symmetrical Paraclip™ shackles allows for easy transition and provides weapon quick-release capabilities in an emergency
- Cross-Bolt Lock Bar in each Paraclip allows the user to optionally lock its lever closed
- Light weight yet durable hardware made with hardened steel and heavy-duty polymer
- Steel Paraclip levers are case hardened and finished with a ferritic nitrocarburizing process for extreme resistance to wear and corrosion
- Custom 1.25 inch wide nylon webbing material is strong and wear resistant while remaining anti-chaff for user comfort
- Sling Mounting
- REAR – Works with the Magpul ASAP® for optimal transitioning in one-point mode. Also compatible with many snap-hook style sling connectors and standard or QD sling swivels.
- FRONT – Compatible with the Magpul RSA®, MSA™, many snap-hook style sling connectors, and standard or QD sling swivels for use in two-point mode
Rainier Arms had 300 in-stock mid last week. I ordered one from them on Thursday and had a tracking number Friday morning. Due to the fact that so many people were waiting and asking for these they will probably be sold out pretty quick. Use code FB for a special discount! Shhh. Don’t tell anyone I told you! Order HERE from Rainier Arms.