Daniel Defense’s new caliber option, the 300 Blackout, was originally designed to give the shooter a 30 caliber projectile which could be fired out of the AR platform without an increase in magazine size while still utilizing a standard bolt. The 300 Blackout is 7.62x35mm which gives the shooter similar ballistic qualities as the .308 and the 7.62x39mm, the AK round, without having to give up the light weight 5.56mm/AR platform. The 300 Blackout can still utilize standard AR magazines without a reduction in magazine capacity. Unlike the 7.62x39mm, the 300 Blackout cartridge is still light on the shoulder with similar recoil to the 5.56mm.
The Daniel Defense, v5-300 AAC Blackout comes in two different configurations no sights or fixed front/rear sights.
The 300 Blackout is designed to be shot suppressed and un-suppressed utilizing various type of super sonic and sub sonic ammunition. The testing of the Daniel Defense 300 Blackout firearms indicates that un-suppressed firing with sub-sonic ammo can lead to failures to feed, failures, to eject, and failures to fire and is not recommend. Although, though our extensive testing we did ascertain that the utilization of a “H” weight buffer or lighter when shooting un-suppressed sub-sonic ammo produces much more reliable operation.
Materials & Construction
Precision crafted from the highest quality material available today with meticulous attention to detail, The Daniel Defense M4 Carbine will prove to be the benchmark in the industry.
– Upper Receiver: Mil-Spec with Indexing Marks and M4 Feed Ramps
– Barrel: Cold Hammer Forged, 1:8 twist, 16″ S2W Profile, Carbine Gas System, MP tested, and Salt Bath Nitride Finished.
– Flash Hider: Daniel Defense Flash Suppressor
– Bolt Carrier Group: Mil-Spec MP Tested, Properly Staked Gas Key
– Handguard: Daniel Defense DDM4 Rail™ 12.0
– Vertical Grip: Daniel Defense A2 Styling Vertical Grip
– Rail Cover: (3) Daniel Defense low profile rail ladders
– Made in the USA!