Its been a while since I posted about any new AR-15 accessories from GG&G so it was nice to see this new grip pop up on my radar. GG&G just announced a brand new Vertical Fore Grip called the SFG-1 Short Vertical Grip. I think you can figure out that it is a “Short Vertical Grip” as the name indicates. The SFG-1 is made of lightweight polymer and is designed to mount to a 1913 picatiny rail system. It also has a small storage compartment which will presumably fit something the size of a CR123 battery in it. Best of all the SFG-1, like all GG&G products, is MADE IN THE USA!! Check out the pics and details below.
A vertical grip for the AR-15 and M-16 has become a valued tactical accessory in military, law enforcement and civilian arenas. It provides the operator with several important advantages, from diminishing muzzle climb during burst-fire sequences to simply offering a more comfortable shooting stance. The Short Vertical Grip like the GG&G SFG-1 has become a very popular alternative to our popular Standard Length Vertical Grip.
SFG-1 Short Vertical Grip Technical Specifications
– Low profile ergonomic design without sacrificing functionality.
– Perfect for keeping CQB style weapons as compact as possible.
– Designed for use with mil-spec-1913 rails.
– Ideal for M4 carbines and breeching shotguns.
– Excellent for use as a ” reference point ” or for the ” thumb-break ” style of shooting.
– Provides for a comfortable, secure grasp for outstanding recoil control and ultra fast pointability.
– No tools required for installation or adjustment in the field.
– Manufactured from solid black Acetal cold polymer for durability and low heat absorption.
– Alignment window to aid in installation.
– Lightweight at only 2.8oz.
– 3 3/16 inches long.
The new GG&G SFG-1 Short Vertical Grip can be purchased at GGGAZ.com.