Its been a while since I posted about any new AR-15 accessories from GG&G so it was nice to see this new grip pop up on my radar. GG&G just announced a brand new Vertical Fore Grip called the SFG-1 Short Vertical Grip. I think you can figure out that it is a “Short Vertical Grip” as the name indicates. The SFG-1 is made of lightweight polymer and is designed to mount to a 1913 picatiny rail system. It also has a small storage compartment which will presumably fit something the size of a CR123 battery in it. Best of all the SFG-1, like all GG&G products, is MADE IN THE USA!! Check out the pics and details below.
A vertical grip for the AR-15 and M-16 has become a valued tactical accessory in military, law enforcement and civilian arenas. It provides the operator with several important advantages, from diminishing muzzle climb during burst-fire sequences to simply offering a more comfortable shooting stance. The Short Vertical Grip like the GG&G SFG-1 has become a very popular alternative to our popular Standard Length Vertical Grip.
SFG-1 Short Vertical Grip Technical Specifications
- Low profile ergonomic design without sacrificing functionality.
- Perfect for keeping CQB style weapons as compact as possible.
- Designed for use with mil-spec-1913 rails.
- Ideal for M4 carbines and breeching shotguns.
- Excellent for use as a ” reference point ” or for the ” thumb-break ” style of shooting.
- Provides for a comfortable, secure grasp for outstanding recoil control and ultra fast pointability.
- No tools required for installation or adjustment in the field.
- Manufactured from solid black Acetal cold polymer for durability and low heat absorption.
- Alignment window to aid in installation.
- Lightweight at only 2.8oz.
- 3 3/16 inches long.
The new GG&G SFG-1 Short Vertical Grip can be purchased at GGGAZ.com.