Ran across this super sick new 300BLK PDW from our friends over at Modern Outfitters. It features everything you could want in a PDW including a nice low profile MLOK rail, MVB ARC PDW stock, Upgraded BCG, Griffin Armament muzzle devices…..well you get the idea. Tons of awesome options that are all listed below. You can also choose from many different colors.
Modern Carbine Personal Defense Weapon (PDW) Chambered in .300 Black Out
– 8 inch Heavy Barrel made of 4150 Chrome Moly Vanadium steel with a QPQ Corrosion Resistant Finish that is HP and MPI tested
– 5/8×24 TPI
– Pistol Length gas system optimized to run subsonic
– Coated gas tube
– Modern Carbine low profile gas block
– 7 inch Rail system made from 6061 extrusion featuring a free float design and M-LOK compatible.
– NiB Barrel extension
– 1/7 Twist Rate
– Upper/Lower receiver and the rail system are Mil Spec Hard Coat Anodized and then cerakoted in a choice of colors
– Modern Carbine Ambi Charging Handle
– Modern Carbine Advanced Bolt Carrier Group
– Ambi Safety
– ALG ACT Trigger
– Retractable two position PDW Stock
– Magpul K2+ Grip
– Magpul M-Lok Handstop Kit and Rail Covers
– Molle Soft Case
– 30 rd Pmag
– 6.15 lbs
– 20.5 inches OAL
– Choice of Griffin Armament Mounts
– Available in Shadow Bronze, Tungsten, Magpul FDE and Armor Black
The Bolt Carrier Group:
One of the most unique parts of the Modern Carbine™ MOD 5 uppers and carbines is the Bolt Carrier. The underside of the carrier is undercut, allowing grit and debris to drop out and away from the bolt, firing pin and cam. The gas key is machined directly into the carrier, with a separate gas cup threaded and pinned into the machined key. This gas cup allows seamless match ups with any mil spec gas tube ensuring reliability and longevity. The Carrier has a machined index slot for the firing pin retaining pin to ensure a 12 o’clock alignment that eliminates rotation. The Bolt Assembly is coated Carpenter 158 steel. The bolts are shot peened and come with the black extractor insert as well as black “O” ring upgrade.
The Carriers and cams are finished in a proprietary Nickel-Teflon coating that nearly eliminates corrosion while providing greatly increased lubricity. This coating provides permanent lubrication to the moving parts. All Modern Carbine™ MOD 5 Bolt Carriers are Full Auto Rated.
The Charging Handle:
The Modern Carbine™ charging handle is made from 7075 series aluminum that is Type-3 hard coat anodized and functionally ambidextrous. All of the moving parts are made from steel and have large bearing surfaces to reduce wear and increase long term durability. There are no pins to fall out, no screws to strip and no exposed springs to damage or foul.
The new Modern Outfitters Carbine Mod5 PDW 300BLK can be purchase www.ShopModernOutfitters.com.