Bootleg Inc. was formed last year as a sister company of Primary Weapons Systems (PWS). Their sole focus is on Direct Impingement (DI) accessories and AR builder education. Their goal is to provide quality products and information for anyone that would like to build an AR. You may not know the name but you’ve most likely seen their products as they were heavily covered during SHOT Show 2016 on the new Primary Weapons Systems “MOD2” and Agency Arms “Project Classified” rifles. Some of the new products that were made for those two rifles are now available for purchase separately through Bootleg Inc. Those product are the Bootleg PicMod rail, Bootleg Lightweight Adjustable Carrier (great for suppressor use) and the Bootleg Lightweight Upper Receiver. Take a few minutes to check out their new products below.
Bootleg PicMod Handguards
Extruded from 6061 aluminum with mil spec hard anodizing, the Bootleg handguard is a great update to your build and comes in 9″, 13″, and 15″ configurations with the choice of adding the KMR mounting hardware.
– Extruded 6061 Aluminum
– Mil Spec Hard Anodizing
– BCM KMR Mounting System allows for easy installation for new builds or replacement of existing BCM KMR handguard.
– Full Length Mil Spec Picatinny Top Rail
– Excusive integrated PicMod Technology allows most picatinny accessories to mount without adapters while preserving a seamless flat KeyMod mounting surface
– Extended PicMod Feature on the bottom section for increased bipod mounting options
– Lightweight skeletonized design
Bootleg Adjustable Carrier
The Bootleg Lightweight Adjustable Carrier is machined from S7 Tool Steel, and features a four setting vent system to relieve excess gas pressure from suppressor use.
– Machined from S7 Tool Steel
– Lithium Isonite Coating
– 4 Setting Adjustable Vent System relieves excess gas pressure created from suppressor use creating longer dwell time and less blowback to the shooter.
– Gas Adjustment can be turned while installed in the rifle
– Unique Lightweight Design
– Uses all standard mil spec components
– Staked Mil Spec Gas Key
– Adjustment Pin is easily removed for cleaning
Bootleg Lightweight Upper Receiver
The Bootleg upper receiver is machined from 7075 aluminum and mil spec hard anodized. It features a lightweight design and upgraded features to start your build off right.
– Machined from forged 7075 Aluminum
– Mil Spec Hard Anodizing
– Forward assist eliminated for weight saving and reduced snag risk
– Lightweight design 6.2 oz stripped (.8 oz lighter than a mil spec upper receiver)
– 1.7 oz lighter than a mil spec upper receiver with hardware installed
– Captured dust cover door pin eliminating the need for the E clip
– Increased barrel mounting circumference maintaining a solid barrel / receiver interface
– Interference fit barrel extension interface for increased accuracy