Pretty sure I have a QD End Plate on just about every rifle I’ve ever built but they all require you to get your big (sometimes gloved) hands into this tiny area to attach/detach the QD sling swivel. The new Sloped Quick Disconnect End Plate (SQD-EP) addresses that issue and gives you a nice ambi QD sling mount. It also covers up some of the castle nut for a cleaner look. I will definitely pick one of these up for my next build and see how it goes. Looks like a great design. Read more about it and check out the pics below.
The Phase 5™ Sloped Quick Disconnect End Plate (SQD-EP) was designed to replace the standard AR15/M4 carbine end plate. While still meeting the requirements of the original design, the SQD-EP is lighter and QD Swivel compatible.
PROUDLY MADE IN THE USA FROM USA RAW BILLET 7075-T6 ALUMINUM.
– Compatible with mil-spec carbine reciever extensions, commercial-spec reciever extensions, and all Phase 5 Pistol Buffer Tubes on nearly all AR15/M4/.308 AR Variant lower recievers.
– Lightweight and sturdy 7075-T6 billet aluminum construction is about 80% stronger than 6061-T6 aluminum.
– Uses a standard AR15/M4 carbine Lower reciever extension castle nut (not included).
– Accepts all push button QD swivels and QD slings.
– QD mount is at a 30 Degree angle from the lower reciever to allow a 360 Degree rotation for ambidextrious use.
– Lighter than the standard stamped steel reciever extention end plate (0.39 oz vs 0.48 oz.
The SQD-EP is in-stock and shipping now. Normally I would just link to the manufacturer (Phase5WSI.com) for new product announcements but I also just noticed that these are available at an intro price at www.RainierArms.com now through 9/15/16.