Rebel Arms has both of their awesome looking AR-15 BCGs on sale right now. They offer both a standard M16 style BCG and an Enhanced BCG, both featuring a Black Nitride finish and Rebel Arms “REBEL” logo. Below you’ll find a picture details on the two different BCGs. Not sure how you could go wrong, both look like great BCGs and Black Nitride is my preferred BCG finish.
M16 Nitride BCG: Priced at: $155.99 Sale price of: $136.99
Our high quality Nitride Bolt Carrier Group features the newest revolution in coating. Unlike phoshpated or parkerizing, this bolt carrier has a black nitrided surface that reduces the need to apply oil to the carrier that can attract dirt, dust, unburned powder, and carbon and lead to cycling failures.
The nitriding process creates an ultra-low friction coefficient to the surface. When you feel the surface of the carrier you will notice that it is much smoother to the touch than a standard bolt carrier. It also means less heat generated by metal on metal contact and also provides for easier cleaning.
The process hardens the steel as well, which makes this carrier have an increased resistance to wear thereby increasing the life of of the component and increases the amount of shots you can run over the life of it. The Gas Key comes already side-staked properly to the carrier.
– 8620 Carrier
– 9310 heat Treated MPI Bolt
– Heat Treated
– Case Hardened
– Black Nitride Finish
– High Lubricity
Enhanced Nitride M16 BCG: Priced at: $181.99 Sale price of: $159.99
The enhanced bolt carrier is designed to reduce carrier tilt/cant during recoil and increasing reliability by strategically relocating key bearing surfaces. The enhanced carrier has fewer points of contact resulting in less friction area and the slight increase in carrier mass extends dwell time and ensures proper gas pressures for reliable extraction.
– Material: Case Hardened 8620 Steel
– Finish: Black Nitride. This advanced low friction coating minimizes the need for lubricants.
– Gas key: 4130 Steel, attached with Grade 8 hardware and properly staked into a milled “valley” to ensure proper positioning
– Ejection port area is milled with added material for more strength and rigidity
– Cam Pin: Hardened 4340 cam pin
– Firing Pin: Mil Spec firing pin made of 8740 steel, center-less ground and Hard Chrome coated
Bolt Assembly: The Bolt is “True” Mil Spec dimension and external surfaces are CNC ground after heat treat for a precision fit.
– Material: Case Hardened 9310 Steel.
– Finish: All Bolt components Shot Peened & Manganese Phosphate or Black Nitride
– Extractor: 4340 Steel, Manganese Phosphate coated
– Mil Spec Extractor Spring & O-Ring Combination
– MPI: Magnetic Particle Inspected
– HPT: High Pressure Test