The original Battle Arms Development Enhanced Bolt Catch, also known as the BAD-EBC, is a very popular aftermarket option for upgrading the Bolt Catch on an AR-15. Being that it was made from 8620 billet steel it also came with a $42 price tag. Battle Arms Development wanted to make a more affordable version of this popular item so they created the new BAD-EBC-IC. The “IC” stands for Investment Cast which is a much more budget conscious way of producing the Enhanced Bolt Catch.
Battle Arms Development’s latest, cost friendly Enhanced Bolt Catch, from 8620 Heat Treated Investment Cast Steel, is a must have upgrade that is simple to install and improves the functionality of any Mil-Spec compatible AR-15 / M16 / M4 lower receiver.
Enhanced Control Surfaces, Better Ergonomics, Lightweight Engineering, 8620 Heat Treated Investment Cast Steel and Versatile Modular Design for Future Add-On Product(s).
– 8620 Heat Treated Investment Cast Steel
– Oversize Control Surfaces for Easy Engagement
– Lightweight but Robust Design 0.39oz (MilSpec Bolt Catch – approx 0.42oz)
– Raised “T-Shaped” Heel Provides Positive and Distinctive Control Surface for Bolt Lock Back
– Compatible with Norgon Ambi-Catch Without Interference
– Elegant Tapered Control Surface and Skeletonized Design
– Bold Horizontal and Diagonal Serrations Provides Positive Purchase
– Versatile, Modular Design for Future Add-On Product(s)>
– Black Oxide Finish
The new Investment Cast model of the BAD-EBC is now available and at a cost of just $15 its going to be a hard option to beat. Whether you’re just looking for an upgrade that looks good or a very functional upgrade that doesn’t break the bank, the BAD-EBC-IC is a great option to look into.