A while back my buddy Roy over at Weapon Outfitters built me a 13.7″ upper with a pinned and welded BE Meyers 249F Flash Hider that has become one of my personal favorite uppers. The BE Meyers 249F flash hiders is amazing and the 16.1 overall length feels just right. You can see a picture of it below. Since then Roy has partnered with Micro MOA to offer a “Weapon Outfitters” branded barrel that is supposed to be pretty awesome. If you’re looking for something a bit different than the usual 18″, 16″ and 14.5″ uppers, this is the start to another great option.
Weapon Outfitters has partnered with Micro MOA to deliver new 13.7″ Barrels to market. When paired with a B.E. Meyers 249F Flash hider (or other long muzzle device like a KX5) you can achieve a 16.1″ overall length (OAL) to meet Federal guidelines. Save a little bit of weight while also toting the smallest possible carbine before you get into NFA territory.
With this bundle, you’ll select the gas block you want to pair with your barrel and which version of the 249F you’d like. Our gunsmith will handle the rest, pinning your muzzle device and staking your gas block. Gunsmithing options can be deselected if you’ve got the means. It is your responsiblity to understand the local, state, and federal laws if you choose this route to make sure you’re all hunky-dorry.
Specs on the barrel:
- Features propietary rifling known as Single Edge Polygonal (SEP)
- Essentially a combination of standard and polygonal rifling
- SEP creates less bullet deformation due to its minimal engraving, allowing the bullet to move more symmetrically along the barrel
- SEP reduces forward escaping gases and minimizing loss of gas pressure,
- Finished in BlackNitride™
- Treatment process increases barrel life and provides superior wear-resistance, surface strength, corrosion resistance, lubricity. But most importantly: BlackNitride™ enhances cosmetic appeal
- Barrel extensions are re-tourqed and then pinned after BlackNitride™ process
- 4150V Grade Chromium-Molybdenum-Vanadium (CrMoV) steel
- 1/2×28″ thread pitch
- 5.56mm NATO chamber
- 1/7″ Twist Rate
- Barrels are turned on centers and not chopped down from longer lengths like some other barrel makers do
Check out this combo now at www.WeaponOutfitters.com.