Posted on April 9th, 2014 by ar15news
Today we finally got some good intel on the new Northtech Defense barrels we’ve been patiently waiting for. I’ve talked to Dustin at NTD quite a few times and, like the mad scientist he is, he’s been fine tuning these things for months. Rainier Arms will get the introductory first run of barrels which will be offered in both a 10.5″ and 16″ length with the option of a 1/7 or 1/8 twist. All of the barrels will be made of 416R Stainless Steel with 5 cut ultra-precision button rifling and chambered in .223 Wylde which is a hybrid chamber that helps increase the accuracy of a 5.56 NATO bullet. These barrels should shoot lights out. The 16″ barrel even comes with a SUB-MOA Guarantee, no questions asked. If you’re an AR owner you know you’re already thinking about building another rifle. Definitely put one of these barrels on your list of ones to check out. Plenty of pics and details listed below. I’ve also put links to the individual pages for purchase info as well. Get ready to take advantage of these awesome introductory prices as soon as the status changes to “In-Stock” which should happen some time later today.
NORTHTECH DEFENSE Ultra Precision 10.5″ .223 Wylde Barrel
NORTHTECH DEFENSE Fluted Ultra Precision 16″ .223 Wylde Barrel
Northtech Defense 10.5″ and Fluted 16″ Ultra Precision .223 Wylde Stainless Steel Barrel Details
- Made from the best barrel blanks in the industry, crafted entirely in the state of Oregon.
- 416R Stainless Steel. Certified barrel quality material grade, heat treated and stress relieved
- Carbine Length Gas on 10.5″ and Mid Length Gas on the 16″
- 5 cut ultra-precision button rifling, which has been proven to perform to the highest levels of shooting accuracy in the industry
- Each barrel extension is precision matched to each barrel. After the chamber is cut, the entire unit is then checked for proper headspace to a master bolt face in order to pass inspection prior to shipment.
- Extended M4 feed ramps
- NTD logo precision CNC engraved on each side of the muzzle end
- Fine bead blasted and precision fluted.
- 1/2×28 muzzle threads
- Northtech Defense signature barrel contour
- Weight: 10.5″ = 20.625 ounces, 16″ = 32.2 ounces
- Choose from 1:7 Twist or 1:8 Twist
Each and every Northtech Defense barrel is made with the highest level of accuracy during the machining process. The barrel is chambered and chamber polished and head spaced to a master bolt face with barrel extension individually matched to each barrel. It’s also precision crowned. The rifle blank is precision gun drilled, lapped and rifled utilizing 5L rifling that has been proven to produce the highest level of shooting accuracy in the industry. Our barrels are guaranteed to shoot sub-MOA or your money back, no questions asked.