Posted on September 12th, 2013 by ar15news
American Defense Manufacturing let me know last week that they were coming out with some brand new products soon. Well it didn’t take long for the first one to surface. The new AD-RECON-30 is designed for those users who plan on shooting out past 1000 yards as it has 30 MOA compensation built into the mount itself. This means it cants the scope down in the front angling the bore upwards so that you have 30 more MOA of elevation adjustment when shooting long distances. You can only adjust your crosshairs so far and depending on what scope you are using, at extreme distances, you can pretty much max out your adjustment. Adding 30 MOA can be a big help. The AD-RECON-30 is also a cantilever style mount that pushes the scope out forward to help you get the correct eye relief.
The AD-RECON-30 mount is made for putting high power glass onto a flattop style AR-15 with 30 MOA built in to the base. The cantilever throws the scope out front, allowing you to get the right eye relief. It is precision machined from 6061 T6 aluminum and finished in hard coat T3 Mil-Spec anodize. It features the Patented QD Auto Lock™ Lever system to accommodate both in spec and out of spec rail systems.
The AD-RECON-30 mount features the Patented QD Auto Lock™ Lever system which has the following advantages:
- Does not require proprietary tools for adjustment.
- Can be adjusted with your finger or a flat blade screwdriver.
- Lever can be configured to lock to the front or the rear.
- Superior clamping surface to insure maximum rail engagement.
MATERIALS & CONSTRUCTION
The AD-RECON-30 mount is precision CNC machined from a block of 6061 T6 aluminum and finished in hard coat type 3 Mil-Spec anodize for a rock hard lasting finish.
- Precision machined from 6061 T6 Aluminum.
- Hard coat anodized for a lifetime of performance.
- Fully adjustable to fit both in spec and out of spec rail systems.
- American Defense MFG, LLC. products feature a lifetime warranty.
- Features the Patented QD Auto Lock™ Lever system.
- Made with pride in the U.S.A.
The AD-RECON-30 mount has the following specifications:
- Weight: 8.40 ounces
American Defense Manufacturing definitely has some great scope mounts not just for you long range precision shooters but also for many other applications including standard QD Scope Mounts and QD Red Dot mounts. Check out the new AD-RECON-30 and more at ADM-MFG.com