Posted on January 10th, 2014 by ar15news
I know a lot of people have been anxiously waiting for the Umbrella Corporation Weapons Research Group BCG’s. Well, the wait is over. Late, late last night UCWRG made these BCG’s live on their website and man they look awesome. Not only can you now buy one but they are even being offered at a special discounted introductory price. Check out the pics and details below. Available for purchase now at www.UCWRG.com.
Umbrella Corporation AR-15 Bolt Carrier Groups are our take on a premium, no snake oil, combat ready BCG. Each and every bolt is proof fired, ultrasonically cleaned, tested via magnetic particle inspection (MPI), and once certified, parkerized for corrosion protection and lube retention. In keeping with a superior product, we don’t utilize a Crane O-Ring as a crutch to increase extractor tension. Instead, our bolts are built with a mil-spec black insert coupled with a 5-coil high load extractor spring that’s compatible with all DI gas system lengths. It’s rated for 150K+ cycles to outlast your rifle barrel many times over. And of course we manufacture these to the finest standards and give an unconditional guarantee against material defect and manufacturing failure. Assembly/function check by a qualified Armorer is required.
For a limited time we are offering these premium BCG’s at an introductory price of $30 off list! But be advised, shipping during SHOT Show will be extremely limited so please don’t expect delivery until late January.
- Bolt precision machined from Carpenter Technology No. 158 alloy, carburized/case hardened, shot peened per ASTM B851/SAE AMS2430, vibratory tumbled, individual high pressure/proof test fired, individual magnetic particle inspection, ultrasonically cleaned, markings deep laser engraved (SP=Shot Peened/HPT=High Pressure Tested, MPI=Magnetic Particle Inspection/158UC=Car Tech 158 alloy type & Umbrella Corporation), manganese phosphate
- Extractor, machined 4140 Tool steel alloy, hardened, shot peened per ASTM B851/SAE AMS2430, markings deep laser engraved (SP=Shot Peened/4140UC=alloy type & Umbrella Corporation), manganese phosphate, precision machined and ground S2 shock resistant tool steel alloy retaining pin
- Extractor Spring, 5 coil, ASTM Grade A401 Chrome Silicon wire stock, heat treated, stress relieved, dual stage shot peen, Molybdenum-Disulfide infused, cryogenic processed (all post winding), high durometer black mil-spec insert (premium spring/insert eliminates need for Crane O-Ring)
- Ejector, S2 shock resistant tool steel alloy, hardened, shot peened per ASTM B851/SAE AMS2430, manganese phosphate
- Ejector Spring, ASTM Grade A401 Chrome Silicon wire stock, heat treated, stress relieved, dual stage shot peen, Molybdenum-Disulfide infused, cryogenic processed (all post winding)
- Gas Rings, mil standard stainless steel X3
- Carrier machined from 8620 alloy, full auto profile, heat treated, hard chrome bore, precision ground gas key interface, Umbrella logo deep laser engraved, manganese phosphate
- Gas Key machined from 4130 chromoly steel alloy, heat treated, hard chrome internal, manganese phosphate, Permatex sealed, Grade 8 Torx Plus cap screws torqued and staked per mil-spec
- Cam Pin—precision machined 4340 chromoly steel alloy, heat treated/processed per mil-spec, manganese phosphate
- Firing Pin—precision machined 8640 steel alloy, heat treated/processed per mil-spec, hard chrome plate
- Firing Pin Retaining Pin—1038 carbon steel, heat treated/processed per mil-spec, manganese phosphate
- All components, material, and packaging made in the USA