Posted on September 8th, 2014 by ar15news
Rainier Arms has officially released their new A-DAC Forged Lowers which means I will be buying one very soon. The A-DAC function is a right-hand bolt catch (integrated into the magazine release button). The A-DAC allows you to hold the magazine release button in (dropping the mag if one is inserted), pull the charging handle to the rear and lock the bolt back all at the same time. There are only a couple other lowers that offer this feature and the Rainier Arms lower is the newest and most affordable of them all.
As I’ve mentioned in the past, I could care less about an ambi Bolt RELEASE. I want an ambi Bolt HOLD to help with increasing the speed of clearing malfunctions, etc. There really isn’t any other reason for you to manually hold the bolt open unless you’re clearing a malfunction or inspecting the weapon which in both cases you will want to remove the magazine. The A-DAC system is the perfect solution. Watch the following video that shows how the A-DAC system works.
The original Forged lower will still be available, if you don’t want or need this feature. The Mountain logo has also been added to the left side of the receiver.
- Removes six steps from the Manual of Arms when clearing a double feed malfunction.
– The device adds the ability to use the right hand to lock the bolt to the rear while still leaving you the option of using the standard left hand method.
– Greatly reduces the amount of time needed to clear a malfunction.
– Unlike all other devices there is no need to learn to find a new location for your trigger finger as one experienced with the weapon already instinctively makes contact with the magazine release button first to clear any remedial action malfunction.
Trouble free simple design:
- Can be field stripped with no tools.
– Only one additional part is required and is completely internal to the receiver.
– There are no screws to come loose.
– There is no weight added to the bolt catch that could cause it not to lock open on the last round like other devices which bolt on.
– Nothing to snag on clothes or other gear.
- Virtually eliminates the possibility of the user’s finger unintentionally entering the trigger guard while locking the bolt to the rear.
– When used, makes it impossible to inadvertently lock back the bolt with a loaded magazine left in the receiver. This prevents the possibility of chambering a round in the event the rifle is bumped causing the bolt to drop.
– Nothing to accidentally trip the bolt release when reloading or clearing a malfunction as it is only a bolt catch.
– Allows you to keep a firm grip of fire control – making it much easier to keep the muzzle pointed in a safe direction when locking the bolt to the rear.
– Nothing obstructing any portion of the trigger guard – preventing any issue with snagging a gloved hand.
The all new Rainier Arms Forged A-DAC lower is available for purchase now at www.RainierArms.com.