This new upper from AIM is probably one of the nicest ones they’ve come out with lately. The NEW AIM 16″ CHF .223/5.56 Bravo 13″ Upper Receiver is not your average run of the mill upper receiver. It starts with a great 16″ Daniel Defense CHF (Cold Hammer Forged) barrel that is covered by the brand new Troy Industries 13″ BRAVO Quad Rail and all mated up with a standard M4 Flat Top Upper Receiver. With the rise in AR-15 parts costs we have been seeing lots of manufacturers selling uppers that don’t include the BCG (Bolt Carrier Group) or Charging Handle just so they can show a lower price. Overall, its just an advertising scheme and will still cost you another $150+ to get a decent BCG and CH. Well this upper receiver is complete which means it will also come with the BCG and Charging Handle. These are not junk BCG’s either. If you’re looking for an absolutely awesome new upper this is a great one to buy. And you couldn’t build this exact configuration yourself for this price. Read below for the rest of the details and pics.
New AIM complete .223/5.56 caliber upper receiver groups featuring 16″ Cold Hammer Forged Daniel Defense barrels. Built using some of the finest components available (full specs below) and a pinned, Mid Length gas system. Includes complete Bolt Carrier Group, Charging Handle and the New Troy Industries 13″ Bravo Battle Rail Handguard. HPT/MPI Bolt Carrier Group.
Available for purchase from AIM Surplus for just $659.95 with FREE SHIPPING!
Cold Hammer Forging of barrels has been known for decades to produce the most accurate, longest lasting rifle barrels obtainable. The Cold Hammer Forging of barrels is accomplished through intense hydraulic pressure applied at opposing angles by carbide steel hammers. During the hammering process, a mandrel is inserted into the bore while the carbide steel hammers shape the barrel around the mandrel creating the chamber, the lands, and the grooves. In addition to the aforementioned benefits, the Cold Hammer Forging process creates a defect free bore and the most consistent chamber possible.
– Barrel Length: 16″
– Manufacturing Process: Cold Hammer Forged
– Twist Rate: 1:7
– Material: Chrome Moly Vanadium
– Outside Finish: Mil-Spec Heavy Phosphate
– Diameter at Gas Port: .750″
– Chrome Lined: Yes
– Barrel Extension: A4
– Profile: Government
– Gas System: Mid-Length
– Barrel Caliber: 5.56mm NATO
Complete 5.56 Bolt Carrier Group. Complete with Bolt Carrier, Bolt and Firing Pin, Military Spec. Heavy Phosphate Coated, and feature a properly staked gas key. BCGs are machined from Carpenter 158 Steel. Gas Keys are also hardened. HPT/MPI Bolt Carrier has 184.108.40.206 MIL-STD-171 phosphate finish inside and out with 220.127.116.11 MIL-STD-171 hard chrome bore.
– Mil-Spec firing pin retaining pin with 18.104.22.168 MIL-STD-171 phosphate finish
– Mil-Spec cam pin with 22.214.171.124 MIL-STD-171 phosphate finish.
– Mil-Spec firing pin with 126.96.36.199 MIL-STD-171 hard chrome finish.
– Tool steel extractor, shot peened, 188.8.131.52 MIL-STD-171 phosphate finish, fitted with a Mil-Spec black extractor spring insert and Mil-Spec Viton o-ring.
– All bolts are Individually High Pressure Tested (HPT) and then Individually Magnetic Particle Inspected (MPI).
– All bolts are shot peened per the current Mil-Spec.
– Bolts have 184.108.40.206 MIL-STD-171 phosphate finish inside and out.
– Bolts are CNC machined from Carpenter No. 158®.
– Carrier key is attached with Grade 8 hardware and properly staked per the Mil-Spec.
– Carrier key has 220.127.116.11 MIL-STD-171 phosphate finish inside and out.
– Mil-Spec tool steel carrier key.
– Laser engraved with ST Spider logo (visable through ejection port door opening).
– Carrier has 18.104.22.168 MIL-STD-171 phosphate finish inside and out
– Mil-Spec 8620 tool steel M16 bolt carrier w/shrouded firing pin.
TROY BRAVO RAIL DETAILS
Troy’s new Bravo rail is a one piece free floating quad rail design that utilizes the existing barrel nut and revolutionary tri-clamp system. This easy to install, one-piece free float hand guard offers unlimited mounting solutions with four full-length true U.S. MIL-SPEC 1913 Picatinny rails, breakthrough tri-clamp locking system, enhanced accuracy and reduced heat transfer. Machined from aircraft aluminum and finished in MIL-SPEC Type III hard coat anodized with Teflon®. Patent Pending. Made in the U.S.A.