Jacob Grey Firearms, an up-and-coming name in firearms innovation, proudly introduces the TWC 9 (Throwback With Capacity), a double-stack 1911 platform handgun built out of billet and designed to set a new standard in the world of handguns. The TWC 9, with its exceptional features and meticulous craftsmanship, promises to deliver an unparalleled shooting experience for discerning handgun enthusiasts.
At the heart of the TWC 9 DS 1911 is a 4.25″ stainless steel bull barrel, meticulously engineered for precision and performance. This barrel ensures both accuracy and durability, making it ideal for any shooting scenario. By utilizing a Nowlin ramp, this barrel ensures repetition, durability, and accuracy. Making it ideal for any shooting scenario you’re faced with.
What truly sets the TWC 9 apart is its fully CNC machined lower grip and upper frame, both crafted from aerospace-grade billet 7075 aluminum. This exceptional material choice not only enhances the pistol’s structural integrity but also reduces weight, providing a comfortable and balanced shooting experience. Utilizing our close tolerance aerospace roots, the TWC 9 fit is tight and smooth resulting in a flat shooting handgun that easily stays on target.
One of the standout features of the TWC 9 is its CRT™ (Controlled Radius Trigger). Crafted from billet aluminum, this trigger is CNC machined as a single monolithic part, ensuring smooth, crisp and consistent 3.5lb trigger pulls, shot after shot.
The TWC slide, another masterpiece of engineering, is machined from stainless steel and treated with a salt bath nitriding process. This not only results in a lustrous and lasting finish but also adds to the handgun’s overall rugged durability.
“Jacob Grey is all about a passion for excellence. This TWC 9 is a throwback to our first love, the 1911. It is the pinnacle of our pursuit of the perfect weapon” said Jacob Brackett, CEO for Jacob Grey Firearms.
Jay Duncan, VP of Marketing for Jacob Grey, commented, “The TWC 9 is the result of extensive research and market landscape analysis to find the sweet spot of quality, value, and features to meet the demands of discerning handgun owners.”
Todd Neice, President of Sales & Marketing “I wanted to utilize our tech and aerospace history and combine it with the Jacob Grey Custom 1911 successes to build a production gun that is priced right and second to none in quality. Once you get your hands on this firearm you will quickly see that we succeeded.”
The TWC 9 effortlessly combines style and function. Designed to be optic-ready for both RMR and RMSc red dot optic mounting, it accommodates the needs of modern shooters who seek accuracy and versatility. The firearm also features an XS Sights tritium front sight, with the rear sight integrated into the optic plate or filler plate, both of which are suppressor height.
Additional enhancements include an integrated flared magazine well for quick and easy reloads, an ambidextrous safety for versatile use, and a full two-piece guide rod system for added reliability. The TWC accepts standard 2011 magazines. Perhaps the most surprising aspect of the TWC 9 is its remarkable affordability, with a retail price of just $2,499.99. Jacob Grey is dedicated to providing exceptional value without compromising on quality or performance.
The TWC 9 is a testament to Jacob Grey’s commitment to innovation and excellence in the firearms industry. It embodies the company’s dedication to delivering top-tier handguns that meet the highest standards of quality and performance.
Find more information: read about the Jacob Grey Firearms TWC 9 double stack 1911 9mm.
About Jacob Grey Firearms:
Jacob Grey Firearms is a fast-growing brand in the firearms industry, recognized for its precision, innovation, and commitment to quality. With a diverse range of cutting-edge firearms and accessories, Jacob Grey Firearms caters to the needs of both professionals and passionate enthusiasts. As an AS9100-certified manufacturing facility, the company upholds the highest quality standards derived from its aerospace background.
Faxon Firearms, known for its commitment to quality in the firearms industry, announced the release of its newest offering, the FX7 Pershing Rifle, over the weekend. This release delves into the intricacies of the FX7 collection, aimed at meeting the diverse needs of precision shooting enthusiasts. Let’s highlight the FX7 Pershing Bolt Action Rifles, available in both .308 Win and 6.5 Creedmoor, and see what they have to say about the release.
Unveiling the FX7 Bolt Action Rifle
For firearms enthusiasts who demand nothing short of excellence, the name Faxon Firearms has long been synonymous with quality, reliability, and unparalleled accuracy. Today, we are thrilled to introduce the FX7 line of Bolt Action Products. This groundbreaking collection is poised to make a bold statement in the world of precision shooting.
The FX7 Lineup: Precision Redefined
The FX7 Bolt Action Product line is a testament to Faxon Firearms‘ unwavering dedication to pushing the boundaries of what’s possible in the world of firearms. This collection includes Precision Rifles, Barreled Actions, Prefit Barrels, and Complete Actions, all meticulously engineered to offer uncompromising accuracy and reliability. With Faxon’s Lifetime Guarantee, you can trust that these firearms are built to last.
FX7 Pershing Bolt Action Rifle – 22″ .308 Win – M24 Profile
Prepare to unlock unparalleled precision with the FX7 Pershing Rifle chambered in 308 Win, a true masterpiece of engineering and innovation. But this rifle is more than just a firearm; it’s a living testament to Faxon Firearms’ unwavering dedication to excellence.
In the world of long-range shooting, the .308 Winchester cartridge has long been a revered and proven round. With a legacy dating back decades and its trusted service among military snipers, it has solidified its place as a gold standard for precision and accuracy.
Now, let’s get into the features that make the FX7 Pershing, chambered in the legendary .308 Win, a true game-changer in the world of long-range shooting.
- 416-R Stainless Steel Action Body: At the heart of the FX7 Pershing lies a 416-R stainless steel action body, known for its durability and corrosion resistance.
- 4340 Carbon Steel Bolt: The bolt features Faxon’s Original Flame Fluting, a nod to their industry-leading barrels. It’s not just functional; it’s a work of art.
- ArmorLube™ DLC Coating: Enhancing durability while providing a low-glare finish, the ArmorLube™ DLC coating is the mil-spec for DEVCON, MIL-PRF-32711.
- 70-Degree Bolt Lift: This feature provides smooth and swift bolt operation, allowing for quicker follow-up shots.
- 6-Lug Configuration: Arranged in 2 rings of 3, this configuration ensures a secure lockup for consistent accuracy.
- Integrated 20-MOA Picatinny Rail: Perfect for mounting optics and accessories with precision.
- Integrated Recoil Lug: Further enhancing accuracy and stability.
- Straight Interchangeable Bolt Handle: Designed for ease of use and customization.
- Compatibility: The FX7 Pershing is compatible with AICS and AW magazines, Remington® 700 pattern triggers, and Faxon Firearms FX7 Prefit barrels.
- M16 Style Extractor and Plunger Style Ejector: Ensuring reliable extraction and ejection.
- Barrel Material: 416-R Stainless Steel: Known for its exceptional accuracy and longevity.
- Button Rifled, Honed & Lapped: The barrel’s rifling is precisely crafted for optimal performance.
- Barrel Caliber: .308 Winchester: A versatile caliber known for its accuracy and availability.
- Barrel Twist: 1:10: Providing stability for a wide range of bullet weights.
- Barrel Length: 22″: A balance between maneuverability and long-range accuracy.
- Barrel Profile: M24: A profile designed for precision shooting.
- Barrel Finish: Salt Bath Nitride: Enhancing corrosion resistance and longevity.
- Muzzle Thread: 5/8×24: Ready for your choice of muzzle devices.
- Magnetic Particle Inspected: Ensuring the highest quality standards.
- Recessed Target Crown: Protecting the crown for consistent accuracy.
Chassis and Stock
These exceptional rifles find their home in an MDT/Faxon Firearms co-branded rifle chassis, accompanied by an MDT Skeleton stock finished in a grey Cerakote.
The FX7 Pershing Rifle isn’t just a firearm; it’s an extension of your capabilities, an embodiment of precision, and a symbol of Faxon Firearms’ unwavering pursuit of excellence.
Dimensions and Weight
- Length: 41 3/4″ (Muzzle to butt stock)
- Width: 3 1/8″ (From closed bolt handle)
- Width: 1 3/4″ (The rest of the rifle)
- Height: 8″ (Bottom of pistol grip to top of pic rail)
- Weight: 12 lbs
FX7 Pershing Bolt Action Rifle – 24″ 6.5 Creedmoor – M24 Profile
The FX7 Pershing Rifle in 6.5 Creedmoor not only extends but elevates the legacy of precision. In the same vein as its .308 Winchester counterpart, it stands as a masterpiece of engineering and innovation, forging new standards for unparalleled accuracy and exceptional durability.
While the .308 Winchester has long been a trusted choice for precision shooting, the 6.5 Creedmoor brings a new level of ballistic performance to the table. Renowned for its flat trajectory, minimal recoil, and outstanding long-range capabilities, the 6.5 Creedmoor has gained widespread acclaim among competitive shooters, hunters, and military snipers.
With the FX7 Pershing now offered in 6.5 Creedmoor, Faxon Firearms invites you to experience a fusion of tradition and innovation. These rifles are crafted to not only meet but exceed the expectations of precision shooters, setting a new benchmark for what can be achieved in the world of long-range firearms.
Action and Barrel Specifications
The 6.5 Creedmoor version shares the same exceptional action specifications as the .308 Win model, featuring the 416-R stainless steel action body, 4340 carbon steel bolt with Original Flame Fluting, ArmorLube™ DLC coating, 70-degree bolt lift, and more.
The barrel, crafted from 416-R stainless steel, offers the same button rifling, honing, and lapping process for unrivaled accuracy.
With a 1:8 twist rate and a 24″ length, it’s optimized for the 6.5 Creedmoor caliber’s ballistic performance.
Chassis, Stock, and Dimensions
Just like its counterpart, the 6.5 Creedmoor version finds its home in an MDT/Faxon Firearms co-branded rifle chassis, accompanied by an MDT Skeleton stock finished in a grey Cerakote.
The dimensions remain similar, with a length of 44″, a width of 3 1/8″ from the closed bolt handle, a width of 1 3/4″ for the rest of the rifle, a height of 8″ from the bottom of the pistol grip to the rail, and a weight of 12.5 lbs.
The FX7 Experience: Unmatched Precision
The FX7 Pershing Rifles in both .308 Win and 6.5 Creedmoor represent the pinnacle of precision engineering in the world of firearms.
These rifles are more than just tools; they are a testament to Faxon Firearms’ dedication to excellence.
Whether you’re a competitive shooter, a long-range enthusiast, or a hunter in pursuit of perfection, the FX7 Pershing Rifle is your ally. It’s a firearm that doesn’t just meet expectations; it shatters them.
Explore the FX7 Bolt Action Lineup
The FX7 Bolt Action Product line is set to launch on October 27, 2023, and will be available to order at that time. Join us in ushering in a new era of precision and performance in the world of firearms. Visit the Faxon Firearms website for more information and to see the full FX7 Bolt Action Product line.
Arizona-based Gun Art is proud to announce the expansion of its DEFENDING FREEDOM series. Our high-quality, firearm-related artwork is now available in classic, framed wall art, computer mats, and more.
These are top-quality artistic representations of beloved firearms perfect for your man cave, office, meeting room, workstation, or…
There are two versions of each design, one with a more colorful state background and another that is more subdued.
Artists at Gun Art include Dan Burr, Steven Noble, Ilya Avakov, Rashelle Stetman, Florian Nicolle, and Ricardo Lalinde.
When it comes to the framed wall art, paintings are available in a number of sizes, including:
There are an equal number of frame and material options; three (3) wood, two (2) metal:
- Black Americana (wood)
- Charcoal Reverse (wood)
- Black Scoop (wood)
- Black Flat (metal)
- Dark Pewter (metal)
Current options for display include:
50 State Defending Freedom Gun Wall Art.
50 State Defending Freedom mouse pad/mat.
50 State Defending Freedom mouse pad/mat custom shower curtains.
50 State Defending Freedom sherpa blanket collection.
50 State Defending Freedom 13- and 15-inch laptop sleeves.
50 State Defending Freedom 50 State Coaster Collection.
All this and more is online at Gun.Art.com.
All this and more is online at Gun.Art.com.
Gun Art: Where Fine Art & the 2nd Amendment Meet!
SIG Sauer has announced the award of an NSN for its Romeo-M17 red dot sight. The designation of an NSN (National/NATO Stock Number) will significantly streamline the procurement of the optic by the U.S. military, NATO members, and some allies.
It’s a part of the continued modernization efforts of the Modular Handgun System (MHS) Program. For inclusion on the MHS Additional Authorized List (AAL), the U.S. Army evaluated numerous pistol red dot sights from multiple manufacturers through vigorous environmental and performance evaluations, and the RM17 and R2 achieved successful selection.
In fact, SIG Sauer advises the RM17 stood above the rest as the best-performing and most durable sight evaluated. The issuance of the NSN to these products streamlines the procurement process for all NATO members and partner countries as an identified standardized material.
The ROMEO-M17 (NSN: 1240-01-713-9795) was developed from the ground up for the U.S. Army’s Modular Handgun System and is the ultimate aiming solution. The RM17 will withstand the rigors of the battlefield, featuring the proprietary SIG-LOC mounting system with bottom-mount technology and five interface points with the pistol slide for an extremely strong and robust lock-up. Combined with the side-mounted battery, the sight has an extremely low position when mounted to the slide, offering a full-sight picture and co-witness with the existing standard-height iron sights.
“The assignment of an NSN number is an exciting achievement for SIG SAUER Electro-Optics and the ROMEO product line. With the global demand for these products, the NSN assignment will allow for ease in the procurement process, the ability to increase our reach within the NATO countries, and faster deployment,” said Andy York, President of SIG SAUER Electro-Optics. “This assignment is also significant to non-NATO customers and civilians as the NSN designation does not come easily and signifies that the ROMEO-M17 has achieved a testing and use acceptance by the world’s most discerning military customers.”
The SIG SAUER Electro-Optics ROMEO-M17 is a mil-spec, fully enclosed, and gas-purged red dot reflex sight with a distortion-free glass aspheric lens and is submersible to depths up to 35 meters. Other features include a new and very robust flexure-arm adjustment system made of the same Beryllium Copper found in many riflescope designs and a housing that is forged and machined from 7075 Aluminum with an integrated loaded chamber indicator (LCI) gas deflector and machined anti-reflection grooves on all rear facing surfaces for reduced glare.
The optic incorporates a high-efficiency point source red LED emitter, with 2 MOA dot/32 MOA circle reticle, independent brightness adjustment buttons, 15 brightness settings including night vision settings, and a side-mounted CR2032 battery compartment with a threaded battery cap so the optic does not need to be removed from the pistol for battery changes. The ROMEO-M17 has a minimum continuous runtime of 50,000 hours at a medium brightness setting and utilizes MOTAC™ (Motion Activated Illumination), MAGNETAC™ (Magnetic Activation), and D.A.R.C™ (Dark Adaptive Reticles & Coatings) technologies.
- Objective Lens Diameter: 24mm
- Reticle: Circle dot with 2 MOA Red Dot / 32 MOA Circle
- Lens Type: Asphere
- Brightness Adjustment Settings: 15 (12 Day / 3 Night Vision)
- Water Resistance: Submersible to 20 meters
- Overall Length: 2.4 inches
- Overall Width: 0.9 inches
- Overall Height: 1.1 inches
- Mounting Footprint: SIG-LOC™ MHS
- Battery Type: CR2032
- Battery Location: Side
- Weight (w/o battery): 1.5 ounces
Chicago, IL 10.11.23— For those who appreciate the nuances of firearm mechanics and demand the best in performance and precision in their equipment, Tyrant CNC, an avant-garde in firearm customization, has confirmed that its highly anticipated, patented safety blade design IntelliFire™ Trigger System for the esteemed SIG SAUER P365 is almost here. It is said that the release date is targeted between Black Friday and Christmas. See more info plus Product renderings below:
The SIG SAUER P365, celebrated for its compact design and formidable delivery, now meets its perfect match in the IntelliFire™. This trigger isn’t merely an aesthetic modification; it’s an evolution, engineered specifically for all P365 variants. The trigger not only is the first of its kind to feature a safety blade system that is compatible with all P365 grip modules, but it also boasts a 30% reduced take up/pre-travel, a true 90-degree break, and works WITH the OEM internal safety mechanisms.
The IntelliFire™ speaks volumes of Tyrant CNC’s engineering ethos. Its shoe, CNC Machined from 17-4 stainless steel is already a stronger steel than used over the OEM. Mated with that steel trigger shoe are dual 6061 anodized aluminum trigger blades operated by a single, specially designed stainless steel and heat-treated spring. All of these quality, made in the USA parts/components are purposely chosen for their reliability, aiming to outpace the firearm’s very own duty cycle.
Perhaps the crown jewel of the IntelliFire™ is its patent-pending dual safety blade system. Given the P365’s inherent grip module constraints, a traditional safety blade design is impossible. Here, Tyrant CNC’s engineering acumen took center stage. By engineering a 3:1 lever ratio system, the trigger is able to operate like any industry standard safety-bladed trigger, using the grip module to stop the trigger travel and prevent an inadvertent fire.
The IntelliFire™ epitomizes calculated engineering. A staggering 30% reduction in pre-travel testifies to its refined mechanics. Tyrant CNC’s patented hybrid trigger ergonomics further amplify the user experience, ensuring a steadfast 90-degree break. This culmination of mechanical refinement and ergonomic design promises unparalleled shooting consistency.
In summation, the IntelliFire™ Trigger System is not just a product; it’s an engineering marvel. By melding unparalleled safety features with enhanced performance metrics, Tyrant CNC is poised to redefine the SIG SAUER P365 experience.
For more intel on pricing/availability, and a sign-up sheet to be notified of its launch:
When embarking on the journey of building or upgrading an AR-15, a crucial decision lies in selecting the appropriate lower receiver. The AR-15, with its deep-rooted history spanning multiple generations, has led to an expansive range of options available in the market. These range from the traditional MIL-SPEC designs to the modern, ambidextrous, and visually appealing variants.
Choosing a lower receiver involves carefully considering its manufacturing process, the materials used, and weight factors, all while keeping in mind one’s budget and functional requirements.
Let’s delve into the development and nuances of AR-15 lower receivers. We’ll also highlight some notable offerings available in the market. Here’s a guide for those new to the AR-15 world, those considering an upgrade, or those simply keen on enhancing their knowledge.
Exploring Lower Receiver Materials
A closer look at lower receiver materials reveals three primary types: cast aluminum, billet aluminum, and forged aluminum.
The manufacturing process for cast aluminum is relatively simple. It entails pouring molten aluminum into a mold. Once cooled, the resulting lower receiver undergoes final machining.
The liquid state of the aluminum during casting leads to a product with a somewhat loose crystalline structure. This method results in the least sturdy product among the three main aluminum processing techniques.
However, it’s worth mentioning that despite cast aluminum being perceived as the least strong among the trio, it offers sufficient strength for the lower receiver to operate safely and dependably. Still, when it comes to preferences, it’s often viewed as the less preferred method for crafting aluminum components.
Billet aluminum lower receivers start their journey as a solid block of aluminum, reminiscent of how a sculptor begins with a block of marble. This block is transformed into a finely crafted product through a series of precision machining operations.
Working with billet aluminum can be likened to metal sculpting, offering several advantages over the casting method. Due to their solid nature, billet lowers possess enhanced strength and showcase a superior finish.
For those aiming for a unique firearm aesthetic, billet lower receivers are ideal. Their design allows for extensive customization, enabling manufacturers to introduce distinctive features such as uniquely shaped magazine wells, integrated trigger guards, and specialized machining for weight optimization.
The creation of billet lower receivers primarily relies on CNC (Computer Numerical Control) machining. In this method, automated precision tools intricately shape a solid aluminum block, facilitating the production of detailed and highly personalized designs.
While billet lowers might carry a heftier price tag, their adaptability and visual allure make them a favorite among many. These receivers, crafted from billet aluminum and shaped by CNC machinery, are known for their crisp lines and the ability to achieve standout designs. Some aficionados even push the boundaries of design with these.
It’s important to highlight that although billet lowers are often perceived as less robust than forged lowers, this difference is typically invisible to the average user. They offer commendable durability and are unlikely to succumb to premature wear or damage. However, some uniquely designed billet lowers might have specific compatibility constraints. Therefore, ensuring their compatibility with standard MIL-SPEC components is crucial, especially if one intends to match them with a particular billet upper receiver.
Understanding 7075-T6 Aluminum
Two prominent contenders emerge in the spectrum of aluminum alloys used for lower receivers: 6061-T6 and 7075-T6. The primary distinction between these two lies in their strength and resistance to corrosion.
7075-T6 is characterized by its remarkable strength, surpassing 6061-T6 by almost double in this aspect. This difference in strength is reflected in the price, with 7075-T6 generally being the pricier of the two. However, it’s essential to recognize that 6061-T6 offers enhanced corrosion resistance compared to 7075-T6. While this resistance can be a significant advantage, its relevance might vary based on whether the receiver retains its natural aluminum appearance or undergoes specific finishing processes.
When planning your firearm assembly, balancing the need for superior strength against budgetary constraints is wise. The gap between 7075 and 6061 is relatively narrow in the current landscape. Nonetheless, many opt for the added assurance of 7075-T6’s robustness, making it a favored choice. Notably, 7075-T6 aluminum is frequently used in aerospace industries due to its outstanding strength-to-weight ratio and resilience, further emphasizing its reputation for dependability and longevity.
Complete Lower vs. Stripped Lower
Are you embarking on your first firearm project? You’ll likely encounter two primary options for lower receivers: stripped and complete. The inevitable question is, “What differentiates the two, and which is the better fit for me?” Let’s break down the distinctions to guide your decision.
Stripped Lower Receivers:
At first glance, stripped lower receivers might seem incomplete. They lack several vital components required for a fully operational lower receiver, such as the trigger, buffer tube, buffer, and stock.
So, why might one opt for a stripped lower receiver, given these omissions?
- Customization Galore: Stripped lowers offer unparalleled customization potential. You’re in the driver’s seat, handpicking each component to align with your vision.
- Budget-Friendly: Typically, stripped lowers are more wallet-friendly than their complete counterparts, making them an attractive option for budget-conscious builders.
- Deep Dive into Mechanics: Assembling a stripped lower offers a hands-on learning experience, granting a deeper appreciation for your rifle’s mechanics.
However, stripped lowers come with challenges:
- Labor Commitment: Crafting a stripped lower demands time and meticulous attention to detail, as each component requires careful installation.
- Tool Dependency: Essential tools, like punches and wrenches, are a must-have for assembling a stripped lower.
- Technical Know-How: A foundational understanding of firearm mechanics is crucial for a successful stripped lower assembly.
Complete Lower Receivers:
Conversely, complete lower receivers are ready to roll outfitted with all essential components. With a complete lower in hand, pairing it with an upper receiver is all that stands between you and a fully operational rifle.
Benefits of a complete lower receiver include:
- Utmost Convenience: Ideal for those short on time or lacking the expertise or tools for a stripped lower assembly.
- Time Efficiency: Pre-assembled components translate to significant time savings.
- Assured Compatibility: Components in a complete lower are designed to function seamlessly together, eliminating compatibility concerns.
Yet, complete lowers have their limitations:
- Customization Constraints: The pre-assembled nature restricts your ability to tweak individual components.
- Price Premium: The convenience of a pre-assembled unit often comes with a higher price tag.
- Missed Learning Opportunities: An already-assembled unit means fewer chances to delve into the intricacies of your firearm.
The decision between stripped and complete lower receivers boils down to individual preferences, expertise, and the desired balance between customization and convenience in your firearm project.
AR Lower Receiver Sets
In the vast landscape of AR lower receivers, Faxon‘s products have garnered attention for their quality and design. Let’s delve into one of their standout offerings.
Faxon X-Tra Lite AR-15 Receiver Set
The Faxon HyperLite AR-15 Receiver Kit is a notable choice for those aiming for a lightweight yet robust build. Building upon the foundation of their acclaimed forged receiver set, this kit emphasizes a balance between aesthetics, functionality, and durability while significantly reducing weight.
- Weight Efficiency: When equipped with an ejection port and dust cover, the kit weighs a mere .96 lbs. This is 2.08 ounces lighter than Faxon’s standard forged receiver set.
- Precision Engineering: The inner bore is refined to enhance the bolt carrier group’s action, promoting smoother operations.
- Design Choices: The forward assist has been omitted for a cleaner look, while the skeletonized Picatinny Rail, with manually engraved T-marks, adds a touch of craftsmanship. The skeletonized shell deflector further trims the weight while ensuring durability.
- Fitment: Tighter lug tolerances ensure a snug fit, optimizing performance.
- Customization Opportunities: While the kit is delivered unassembled, its design allows enthusiasts to personalize their build. The aesthetic milling of the upper, adorned with Faxon’s signature “X” logo, reduces material and weight. The “X” skeletonized magwell is both a branding touch and a testament to Faxon’s dedication to weight efficiency.
- Material & Finish: Crafted from 7075-T6 Forged Aluminum and finished with Type III Hard Coat Anodizing.
The kit is also available in OD Green Cerakote, Titanium Cerakote, and Midnight Bronze for those interested in color variations. The Faxon HyperLite AR-15 Receiver Kit encapsulates a harmonious blend of design, functionality, and innovation, making it a worthy consideration for discerning builders.
Faxon Billet AR-10 Receiver Set
The Faxon Billet AR-10 Receiver Set stands as a testament to meticulous engineering and an unwavering commitment to quality. This set is tailored for discerning firearm enthusiasts seeking a comprehensive upgrade for their AR-10 rifle.
Material and Durability:
This set’s stripped upper and lower receivers are crafted from high-grade 7075-T6 aluminum billet. This choice of material ensures a balance between lightweight design and robust strength, making the set ideal for enduring rigorous use while maintaining reliability.
Faxon’s dedication to superior design is evident in several unique features:
- An integrated trigger guard enhances safety and ergonomics.
- A flared magwell facilitates quicker magazine changes, optimizing functionality during rapid-fire situations.
- A specialized tensioning screw ensures a tight fit between the upper and lower receivers, a crucial factor in boosting accuracy.
Upper Receiver Specifics:
- Made from 7075-T6 Billet Aluminum, ensuring durability without excess weight.
- Features a Type III Class 2 Hard Coat Black Anodized finish for added resilience and a polished look.
- Adheres to the DPMS High Profile standards, guaranteeing compatibility with various components.
Lower Receiver Details:
- It is also constructed from 7075-T6 Billet Aluminum, consistent with the upper receiver.
- Enhanced with features like an Extended Mag Catch Button, Threaded Bolt Catch Pin, and a Rear Takedown Detent Spring retained with a Set Screw. An Upper Receiver Tension Screw is also incorporated.
- The Right Side Bolt Release Lever, made from 4140 steel, undergoes a Blacknitride+™ treatment for increased longevity.
- While labeled with a “MULTI” caliber designation, it’s versatile enough to accommodate a range of calibers, including .308 Winchester (7.62x51mm NATO), 8.6 Blackout, .243 Winchester, 6.5 Creedmoor, .260 Remington, and .338 Federal.
Exploring the Faxon AR-15 Builder Sets
Limited Edition Faxon 9″ AR-15 Builder Set – FDE
The Faxon AR-15 Builder Set in FDE (Flat Dark Earth) is a culmination of precision engineering and innovative design. With a custom Cerakote finish, this set offers both functionality and a distinctive aesthetic.
- Precision Engineered Upper Receiver: Undergoes a rigorous truing process at Faxon’s facility, ensuring alignment and balance.
- Design Innovations: Features like the hollowed-out shell deflector reduce weight and add a unique visual element.
- Material and Finish: Made from 7075-T6 Forged Aluminum, with a dual finish of Type III Hard Coat Anodizing and a custom Cerakote.
- Versatility: Compatible with all intermediate cartridges, with a note on the set’s capabilities with larger bore rounds.
- Included Handguard: The set comes with the Faxon G2 Streamline Aluminum M-LOK Handguard, emphasizing ergonomic design and style.
Limited Edition Faxon 13″ AR-15 Builder Set
This builder set showcases Faxon’s commitment to craftsmanship and design. A custom Cerakote finish in Combat Grey offers a blend of performance and aesthetics.
- Meticulously Crafted Upper Receiver: Trued by experts at Faxon’s factory, ensuring enhanced firearm performance.
- Design Elements: The hollowed-out shell deflector offers both aesthetic appeal and functional weight reduction.
- Material and Finish: Crafted from 7075-T6 Forged Aluminum, with a Type III Hard Coat Anodizing and a custom Cerakote finish.
- Versatility: Designed for compatibility with all intermediate cartridges, with a note on its performance with larger bore rounds.
- Included Handguard: The Faxon G2 Streamline Aluminum M-LOK Handguard complements the set.
*Also available in Charcoal Green.
Choosing the right lower receiver balances objectives, budget, and familiarity with AR-15 mechanics.
- Stripped vs. Complete: For those well-versed in AR-15 mechanics, a stripped lower receiver offers a tailored, hands-on experience. On the other hand, a complete lower receiver is ideal for those seeking convenience, requiring only attachment to the upper.
- Quality Over Features: While additional features can be appealing, the cornerstone of a reliable AR-15 build is a quality lower.
The KAK Industry K-SPEC Buffer was developed with specific goals: reducing felt recoil and providing faster follow-up shots. With modern technology being applied to firearms, you’re likely aware of the recoil management solutions applied to many popular pistol operating systems. Recoil rods in pistols advanced from a single-piece recoil rod assembly to a dual recoil spring assembly with a compression guide rod. With our new K-SPEC buffer systems, we have applied this same concept to the AR15 platform.
The K-SPEC Buffer features an innovative recoil reduction system that absorbs and disperses felt recoil. Minimizing muzzle flip and kickback allows you to fire faster and more accurately by being able to stay on target more effectively.
The K-SPEC Buffer features a two-piece reciprocating buffer body and a captured compression spring mechanism internally, which works in conjunction with our flat wire buffer spring. The majority of the felt recoil is transferred into the buffer spring and then dispersed into the K-SPEC buffer internals. This combination of features helps to absorb recoil and distribute it more evenly and linearly instead of abruptly as you experience with traditional buffer systems.
K-SPEC Buffer systems are available for the AR15 in a variety of configurations including, Carbine length, A5 length, and Extended PCC length. Selecting which buffer you need is easy. Simply select the weight that is closest to what you are currently running. If your current weight is lighter, such as a 3oz Carbine buffer, you should choose the K-SPEC H1 weight.
Innovation, precision, and dedication to excellence have become paramount in today’s ever-evolving landscape of firearms and ammunition.
One company participating in this evolution is HOP Munitions. Founded by specialists with a keen interest in advancing the realm of shooting, they have embarked on endeavors to bring fresh perspectives to ammunition design and production.
HOP Munitions presents itself not just as a manufacturer but as a forward-thinking entity. Their approach centers on integrating advanced materials, innovative design principles, and comprehensive testing processes.
The company has taken notable steps towards social responsibility by offering stable employment opportunities to combat veterans. Such initiatives and their push for innovation have resonated with diverse sectors, including civilian enthusiasts and law enforcement entities.
Among the notable developments from HOP Munitions is the introduction of poly ammo. This transition from traditional metal casings to a newer material underscores their commitment to enhancing performance while also considering environmental concerns and potentially altering how shooting is experienced.
A Closer Look at HOP Munitions
Situated in Hayesville, Ohio, House of Payne Munitions, also known as HOP Munitions, has positioned itself in the ammunition market, focusing on producing quality bullets.
The company’s workforce includes several combat veterans, bringing a unique perspective and attention to detail to the manufacturing process. The production process at HOP Munitions is methodical: bullets are tumble polished for a smooth finish, followed by hand-gauging to verify dimensions and ensure functionality. Each round is then packaged with care, reflecting the company’s commitment to precision.
In response to the diverse demands of the shooting world, House of Payne Munitions has developed an assortment of calibers. Their range aims to cater to various shooting needs, from competitive environments and self-defense to hunting and other firearm activities.
HOP Munitions Mission
House of Payne Munitions, established in 2020, was conceived with dual intentions: to craft quality ammunition and offer stable employment opportunities to combat veterans within the community.
In its early days, HOP Munitions’ ethos was rooted in a desire to support and give back to both first responders and military veterans. Currently, veterans make up approximately 75% of their workforce. While there’s a clear emphasis on hiring veterans, the contribution of the non-veteran staff is also noteworthy. They provide complementary skills that enrich the work environment and indirectly aid the veteran staff.
For instance, one of the team members doubles as an auto mechanic. This in-house capability offers convenience and cost-saving opportunities for veterans who might need vehicle maintenance.
Shawn Payne, the proprietor of HOP Munitions, observes that offering combat veterans around two years of consistent employment equips them with a stable platform. It can serve as a launchpad should they decide to explore different career avenues in the future.
Beyond their conventional ammunition offerings, HOP Munitions has responded to emerging trends in the shooting industry with the introduction of a training round termed Poly Bullets.
These cost-effective rounds have seen a rise in interest, particularly among competition shooters and those involved in firearms training.
A Closer Look at HOP Munitions’ Poly Ammo
The Poly Ammo rounds introduced by HOP Munitions have garnered attention among competition shooters and firearms trainers, largely due to their cost-effectiveness.
Constructed with a lead core, these bullets are encased in a high-temperature polymer. Such a design offers potential benefits:
- A potential reduction in barrel wear.
- The possibility of less barrel fouling.
- A claim of improved accuracy.
- An emphasis on affordability.
While the rounds are marketed as optimized for competition shooting and training, they’re highlighted for their cost-effectiveness, especially for practice purposes. Additionally, their design is suggested to be safe for shooting at steel targets from a distance of more than 10ft, presenting a distinction from standard FMJ ammunition.
Discussing the Attributes of HOP Munitions’ Poly Bullets
HOP Munitions’ Poly Bullets are presented with a variety of attributes that potentially distinguish them from other ammunition types.
- Environmental Considerations: Unlike traditional lead rounds, these bullets are suggested not to emit harmful gases, making them a potentially more environmentally-conscious choice. This attribute might particularly appeal to indoor shooters concerned about air quality.
- Feeding Efficiency: The polymer coating on these bullets is said to ensure a smoother transition from the magazine to the chamber. This might reduce instances of feeding failures, especially when juxtaposed against standard FMJ or jacketed hollow points.
- Barrel Health: A comparison between the residue left by lead round-nose bullets and polymer-coated rounds indicates a potential advantage for the latter. The reduced residue might not only maintain accuracy but could also have implications for the barrel’s lifespan.
- Friction Reduction: The overarching intent behind the polymer coating is performance enhancement. By curbing friction, the bullets aim to offer a shooting experience that’s both smoother and potentially safer.
Their official website provides comprehensive details for a deeper exploration of HOP Munitions and the products they craft.
ZeroTech Optics Introduces the Thrive HD Micro Reflex Optic: Setting New Standards in Reliability and Durability
Nashville, TN – ZeroTech Optics, a leader in optical innovation, proudly unveils its latest masterpiece – the Thrive HD Micro Reflex Optic (THDM21). This state-of-the-art addition to the ZeroTech range is not just another optic; it’s a testament to the company’s commitment to reliability, durability, and cutting-edge technology.
At the heart of the Thrive HD Compact Reflex sight is the advanced shake awake technology. This ensures that the optic is always ready on demand, eliminating the need for manual activation. Whether you’re in a high-pressure situation or simply out for a leisurely day at the range, the Thrive HD ensures it’s always ready to go when you are.
One of the standout features of the Thrive HD is its unparalleled durability. Designed to withstand the harshest conditions, this optic is recoil proof, waterproof, and fog-proof. Whether you’re in torrential rain, dense fog, or rough terrains, the Thrive HD promises unwavering performance.
Built on the RMSc footprint, the Thrive HD Micro Reflex seamlessly mounts to all RMSc compatible firearms and mount interfaces. This ensures that users have a wide range of compatibility options, further emphasizing the optic’s versatility.
Key Features Include:
- Magnification: 1x with an objective lens size of 21mm
- Reticle: Crisp 3 MOA Red Dot.
- Brightness Settings: 10 adjustable settings for diverse environments.
- Durability: Recoil proof, waterproof, and fog-proof
- Battery Life: A staggering max of 150,000 hours, powered by a CR2032 battery.
- Lens Coating: Multi-coated for clear and sharp visuals.
- Operational Temperature: Robust performance from -4°F to + 158°F (-20°c to +70°c)
- Dimensions & Weight: Compact design with L: 1.6” (40.55mm), H: 0.86” (21.95mm), and a weight of approx. 0.67oz (19 grams) including battery.
See the Reflex in action > Thrive HD Micro Reflex
The Thrive HD Compact Reflex Optic is not just an optic; it’s a promise of reliability, durability, and unmatched performance for your every day carry pistol. ZeroTech Optics continues to push the boundaries of optical technology, and the Thrive HD line of Reflex optics are an example of their dedication to delivering on what our users demand from an optic.
About ZeroTech Optics
ZeroTech International is pioneering new grounds by developing cutting edge optical solutions tailored to the needs of the most demanding users. This new direction is forging our path as one of the world’s leading optical manufacturers dedicated to providing hunters, shooters and outdoors enthusiasts with elite optical performance in all-weather scenarios. ZeroTech Optics prides itself on delivering our promise of unmatched user experience, unbeatable value for money and our dedicated customer centered focus supplying optics that meet and exceed our users’ expectations.
We have stamped ZeroTech’s mark on the world stage, born from a third-generation optical distributor and manufacturing family originating from the USA, specializing in performance optics tailored to the most demanding environments on earth. This experience has seen ZeroTech Optics tested from the vast arid floodplains of Australia and Africa, through to the treacherous snowcapped peaks of the southern fiords in New Zealand and delivering repeatable reliability in the last frontier, Alaska.
Founded in Australia in 2018, ZeroTech International Pty Ltd, a subsidiary company of the largest optical supplier in the southern hemisphere along with our in-house team of optical and engineers whom design, test and deliver products that are built to our highest Australian standards before exporting across the globe.
Wherever you are in the world, we have you covered.
ZeroTech. Be Confident.
Contact us: [email protected]
You can visit the company website at: https://www.zerotechoptics.com/
Hand made by Americans in Hartland, WI – the BCM® Mod 2 stock is an improvement over the baseline M4 accessory with enhanced ergonomics, and next-level durability.
Recontoured into a patented (United States Patent Number: D901616) semi-clubfoot design, the Mod 2 is fits on Mil-Spec carbine receiver extensions, and optimized for intermediate length receiver extensions (MK2, AR10, A5). These improved lines also enhance shooting in the prone position while remaining snag free, with no edges to catch or tangle in slings, antenna, or other PPE.
- Ambidextrous limited rotation QD sling mount
- 2 web sling mounts
- VBOS Tab
- Patented internal latch*
- Removable buttpad with text diamond textured surface
- Black or FDE
- Made in the USA
*United States Patent Number: 9,109,855
The BCM MOD 2 SOPMOD STOCK is offered in two configurations: Stock only or stock kit with Mk2 RMS hardware.
Available now at www.BravoCompanyMfg.com