I was contacted by a reader of AR15NEWS who has some CMC Triggers 3.5lb drop in curved triggers for on sale for just $140 each. Apparently these were originally packaged for the M&P15/22 which means they came with a different set of anti-rotation pins. Those pins have been replaced with normal AR-15 sized anti-rotation pins and should work perfect in your standard AR-15. If you search around on the internet you might find these for $160-170 and higher. This is a good chance to grab one for just $140. Check it out at www.BLUNDERGAT.com.
I’ve been working with Damage Industries for a long time now and have purchased parts for many of my builds through them. When they emailed me about a contest they have going I figured many of you might want to get in on this contest to win an awesome looking AR Pistol kit. The kit includes everything shown below, minus the lower receiver. Check out the details below on you you can enter to win this Patriot AR Pistol kit.
Enter the contest @ http://damageindustriesllc.
Full Description of Contest Prize:
Over $1000 in parts and accessories!
Damage Industries Complete Patriot Pistol Includes: (Damage Industries 100% made in USA products in bold)
Complete Upper (Assembled):
– Short Barrel Projector/Dissipator Sleeve
– Short Barrel Muzzle Brake, 4 Slot, 1/2 x 28
– Faxon Short Barrel, 10.5″, 5.56x45mm, 1/8 twist, .750″ diameter, Carbine (100% Made in USA)
– Crush Washer
– Gas Block, 1913 Rail, .750″
– Black Oxide Gas Tube, Carbine
– Barrel Nut, Black Magnetite
– Delta Slip Ring Kit
– Strike Industries UDC Ultimate Dust Cover Flag Variant in black
– Plate, Handguard Retaining, Round (.750″ barrels)
– Barrel Nut
– 2-piece Handguard Replacement Quad Rail with American Flag Graphics
– Upper Receiver, 1913 Railed, 7075 T6, jet black
– Forward Assist Assembly
– Charging Handle Assembly
– Complete Bolt Carrier Group, Semi (Mag Phosphate, Chrome): Bolt Carrier w/key: Manganese Phosphate and chrome plated to MIL-STD-171, machined to exact specifications from certified 8620 steel, Complete Bolt, 5.56, MPI marked, NiCoTef Cam Pin, Firing Pin, Mil-Spec Chrome Plating, Firing Pin Retaining Pin
Complete Lower Receiver Kit (does not include a receiver):
– Receiver Extension Buffer Tube, Pistol w/QD socket 1.190” OD
– Carbine Buffer
– Enhanced Recoil Spring, Chrome Silicon, Black
– Buffer Retainer Detent
– Buffer Retainer Spring
– Castle Nut, Black
– End Plate, QD Enhanced
– Arm Brace, AR-15 Pistol, SBX (Made in USA)
– Hammer Spring
– Trigger Spring
– Disconnector Spring
– Hammer/Trigger Pin x 2
– Takedown Pin
– Pivot Pin
– Takedown/Pivot Pin Detent x 2
– Takedown/Pivot Pin Spring x 2
– Enhanced Trigger Guard, Black
– A2 Pistol Grip, Black
– Both a Stainless Slotted and a Black Hex Pistol Grip Screw
– Pistol Grip Screw Washer
– Fire Selector, Standard 90 degree
– Selector Spring
– Selector Detent
– Magazine Catch
– Magazine Catch Button
– Magazine Catch Spring
– Bolt Catch
– Bolt Catch Pin
– Bolt Catch Spring
Contest Eligibility, Rules, Terms and Conditions:
US Residents Only.
All Federal and State laws apply. Must be 21 or older. No payment or purchase necessary. Void where prohibited. Offer not eligible for cash or store credit.
To enter, fill out and submit the contest form at http://damageindustriesllc.
com/contest/, then confirm your entry via the automated email. Contest valid from 26 Apr 2016 until 9 May 2016 Midnight PST. Winner selection will be randomly drawn from participants who have filled out the entrance form completely and accurately. The winner must sign an affidavit of eligibility, liability, and publicity release.
Participants consent to allow Damage Industries LLC to collect the information participants submit via the contest form and use of the information, including consent to receive newsletters and emails regarding this contest and future promotions. Participants consent that Damage Industries shall not be liable for any damages that result from the mis-use of or the inability to use the materials and/or products in this contest. By submitting this form, participants agree to the contest rules, terms and conditions.
When looking to reduce felt recoil in an AR-15 (there isn’t a ton but there’s enough), one route you could go is to go with a lightweight Bolt Carrier Group. Lightweight BCGs are largely used in competition rifles like those used 3-Gun where the lighter the recoil the better for fast followup shots, etc. Faxon Firearms is already very well know for their successful ARAK-21 self contained piston upper and massive selection of barrels but noticed some issues with other lightweight BCGs and decided to make their own. Check out the all new Faxon Firearms “Gunner” Ultra-Light BCG and intro pricing info below.
When looking at lightweight bolt carrier groups, we were unsatisfied with what the market had to offer. Seeing a capability gap, we set out to create a bolt carrier group that could live up to the GUNNER name with no compromise in strength or function. We set specifications that would allow no compromise:
1. Lightest Weight Possible (8.32 Ounces Complete, 6.24 Ounces Carrier & Key Only)
2. MIL-SPEC Materials & Finishes or Better!
3. Forward Assist Serrations
4. Compatible with Dust Covers
5. Maintains Full-Auto Trip Sear for full-auto and the new multi-stage trigger functionality
6. Looks Amazing
Matching our barrels, we selected the QPQ method of Salt Bath Nitride for all the carriers components. By coating all parts, the carrier’s natural slickness is increased markedly requiring less gas and pressure to operate. Further, the QPQ SBN process seals components against corrosion while making them fantastically wear resistant.
As a testament of our trust, the carriers are all laser-engraved with the Faxon Shield after passing all Quality inspections.
– 9310 Tool Steel Construction (Stronger than C158)
– Full MIL-SPEC Heat Treatment
– Shot Peened to MIL-SPEC
– Magnetic Particle Inspection (MPI)
– Back of Lugs Chamfered for Reliability
– Spring, Insert, & “Crane” O-Ring Installed
– QPQ – Salt Bath Nitrided
– S7 Tool Steel Construction
– Fully Heat Treated
– Shot Peened Per MIL-SPEC
– QPQ – Salt Bath Nitrided
Carrier & Key:
– Carrier: MIL-SPEC 8620 Steel Material
– Key: 4140 Steel Material
– Fully Heat Treated
– Forward Assist Serrations
– M16 (FULL-AUTO) Compatible
– Grade 8 Fasteners
– Fully & Properly Staked Key, Permatex Sealed
– QPQ – Salt Bath Nitrided
– Weight w/ Key (Not Bolt or any Pins): 6.32 Ounces
– 4140 Pre-Hardended Steel Material
– QPQ – Salt Bath Nitrided
The very first run of the all new Faxon Firearms “Gunner” Ultra-Lightweight Bolt Carrier Group is being offered at an introductory price through …. yup, you guessed it …. Rainier Arms. There are currently less than 35 of these available at the introductory price of $199.99. Get one now at www.RainierArms.com.
BCI Defenses is releasing their newest rifle called “The American”. This rifle is a great platform to run as is or start adding your own bits and pieces such as Stock and Grip as funds allow. Each one comes with quality mil spec components, a 16″ Nitride Barrel, BCI Defense 9″ free float handguard, ALG Defense QMS Trigger and and oversized trigger guard with an MSRP of just $825. Check out the complete press release and picture below.
BCI Defense is proud to offer The American. This rifle features many benefits that other rifles in its category does not. As the “True Manufacturer” BCI Defense is proud to offer another rifle where the major components of this rifle are made in-house, ensuring the highest quality and consistency to the end user. Manufactured in-house components would include: Upper Receiver w/Dry Lube, Lower Receiver, Buffer Tube w/Dry Lube, Charging Handle and finally their own 9” Free Float Handguard. With an MSRP of $825.00 this rifle has sparked a lot of interest with Distributors, Dealers and Consumers.
The American Specs:
– BCI Defenses’ own Upper & Lower Receiver, Buffer Tube, Charging Handle and 9” Free Float Handguard.
– Upper, Lower and Buffer Tube Manufactured from 7075 T6 Aluminum
– Type III Class II Anodizing
– ALG Defense QMS Trigger
– M4 Profile 16” 1:7 Twist Nitride Barrel
– 6 Position Stock w/QD Socket
– Oversized Trigger Guard
Shipment to Dealers and Distributors will begin the week of May 2, 2016.
I’ve spent a lot of money on Armorers Tools so I can build them faster, better and easier. Unfortunately there are a ton of overpriced junk tools out there. One of the first tools I bought was one of the long cast metal Armorers Wrench that I found by searching online. It had a very thick layer of brittle paint on it so the specs were off and hardly worked. One day I snapped the castle nut wrench off of the wrench just trying to tighten down a buffer tube. Just junk and worst part is it cost me $35.
Fast forward to now, the guys at Griffin Armament are hoping to fill in the need for an inexpensive, high quality Armorers Wrench with their new $9.95 Griffin Armorers Wrench. This wrench is made of 4140 Steel that is hardened to 48RC with a Black Oxide finish. This one single wrench comes with a 1/2″ Drive Slot to attach to a ratchet or bar, 5/8″ and 3/4″ open end wrenches, 3 prong buffer tube wrench and …. a bottle opener. 🙂
This tool should be all but indestructible but at just $9.95, if you happen to destroy it somehow, the price makes it what I consider somewhat disposable and you just buy another one. Don’t spend the same or more on an Armorers Wrench made of crap metals or bad design. Snag one of these from www.GriffinArmament.com.
The Griffin Armorers wrench is a 4140 steel wrench hardened to 48RC. Black oxide and oil dipped. Some finish irregularity is common to this industrial tool. The wrench allows installation of Griffin Muzzle devices, Castle nuts on AR firearms, Griffin Low Pro Rigid™ rails, and interfaces with many Griffin Silencers for maintenance or configuring. This tool allows easy access to your favorite bottled beverage.
– 4140 Steel hardened to 48RC
– Black oxide / oil dip finish
– 1/2″ drive compatible
– 5/8″ and 3/4″ open end wrenches
– 3 prong CAR wrench geometry
– Bottle opener
AERO Precision has just introduced their new Quantum Series Handguard. The Quantum Series is similar to their other hand guards that are designed to mount directly to their M4E1 Enhanced Upper Receiver but you can also add an optional barrel nut at checkout to use this handguard in conjunction without the M4E1 Enhanced Upper. The hand guards are very simple with no 1913 rail section at the top but it does have a spot at the front of the rail to mount a small rail section for use with Front BUIS.
What surprised me the most was the price point on these. Both KeyMod and M-LOK versions are available in 7″, 9″, 12″ and 15″ and range from as little as $65 for the 7″ without a barrel nut or up to $110 for the 15″ including the optional barrel nut. That is extremely affordable. You can check out the information and pictures below. These are available for purchase now at www.AEROPrecision.com.
**Quote from the AERO Precision Facebook page**
Introducing the new Quantum Series Handguard. Designed with price in mind, this free float handguard is available in KeyMod and M-LOK in lengths of 7″, 9″, 12″ and 15″.
The design features multiple mounting surfaces and is compatible with our M4E1 Enhanced Upper Receiver, but can also be used on a standard threaded upper with a BAR Barrel Nut. Also included is a 4 slot picatinny rail section for mounting a front sight.
Bootleg Inc. was formed last year as a sister company of Primary Weapons Systems (PWS). Their sole focus is on Direct Impingement (DI) accessories and AR builder education. Their goal is to provide quality products and information for anyone that would like to build an AR. You may not know the name but you’ve most likely seen their products as they were heavily covered during SHOT Show 2016 on the new Primary Weapons Systems “MOD2” and Agency Arms “Project Classified” rifles. Some of the new products that were made for those two rifles are now available for purchase separately through Bootleg Inc. Those product are the Bootleg PicMod rail, Bootleg Lightweight Adjustable Carrier (great for suppressor use) and the Bootleg Lightweight Upper Receiver. Take a few minutes to check out their new products below.
Bootleg PicMod Handguards
Extruded from 6061 aluminum with mil spec hard anodizing, the Bootleg handguard is a great update to your build and comes in 9″, 13″, and 15″ configurations with the choice of adding the KMR mounting hardware.
– Extruded 6061 Aluminum
– Mil Spec Hard Anodizing
– BCM KMR Mounting System allows for easy installation for new builds or replacement of existing BCM KMR handguard.
– Full Length Mil Spec Picatinny Top Rail
– Excusive integrated PicMod Technology allows most picatinny accessories to mount without adapters while preserving a seamless flat KeyMod mounting surface
– Extended PicMod Feature on the bottom section for increased bipod mounting options
– Lightweight skeletonized design
Bootleg Adjustable Carrier
The Bootleg Lightweight Adjustable Carrier is machined from S7 Tool Steel, and features a four setting vent system to relieve excess gas pressure from suppressor use.
– Machined from S7 Tool Steel
– Lithium Isonite Coating
– 4 Setting Adjustable Vent System relieves excess gas pressure created from suppressor use creating longer dwell time and less blowback to the shooter.
– Gas Adjustment can be turned while installed in the rifle
– Unique Lightweight Design
– Uses all standard mil spec components
– Staked Mil Spec Gas Key
– Adjustment Pin is easily removed for cleaning
Bootleg Lightweight Upper Receiver
The Bootleg upper receiver is machined from 7075 aluminum and mil spec hard anodized. It features a lightweight design and upgraded features to start your build off right.
– Machined from forged 7075 Aluminum
– Mil Spec Hard Anodizing
– Forward assist eliminated for weight saving and reduced snag risk
– Lightweight design 6.2 oz stripped (.8 oz lighter than a mil spec upper receiver)
– 1.7 oz lighter than a mil spec upper receiver with hardware installed
– Captured dust cover door pin eliminating the need for the E clip
– Increased barrel mounting circumference maintaining a solid barrel / receiver interface
– Interference fit barrel extension interface for increased accuracy
Head Down Products has started their Dream Gun Sweepstakes. The Dream Gun Sweepstakes starts now and ends on July 19, 2016. One winner will be chosen to receive a custom Head Down Products Arcadius 6.5 Creedmoor rifle. There are two ways to be entered in the giveaway. For every $5 spent on the Head Down Products website you will receive one entry to the sweepstakes. You can also enter the sweepstakes without purchase by mailing in your Name, Address, Phone and Email.
Caliber: 6.5 Creedmoor
Barrel Length: 20″ 416R SS Honeycomb Blackhole Weaponry
Gas: Rifle Length
Rate of Fire: Semi-Auto
Rifling: 1/8″ Twist Caudle 3 land polygonal rifling
Handguard: 15″ HD GEN II MOD II Rail
Stock: Magpul PRS Stock
Pistol Grip: Ergo Ambi Grip
Magazine: 1 x 20rd PMAG & 1 – 10rd PMAG
Muzzle Device: PVX Muzzle Device
– Mil-Spec bolt carrier group HPT & MPI with properly staked gas key
– Geissele Super Semi-Automatic Enhanced (SSA-E) Trigger
– Ambi Raptor Charging Handle with Head Down Skull Engraved
– KNS Anti-Walk Pin Set
– Hydrocoated in A-TACS iX camo
– Precision milled billet upper and lower receiver
– Integral trigger guard
– Type III hard coat anodize finish
– Flared magazine well
– All of our rifles ship with Modern Spartan Accuracy Oil and Carbon Destroyer
– Custom hard rifle case that is waterproof
– Rifle For Life Warranty
Complete rifle build specs and sweepstakes details/rules are available online at www.HDFirearms.com.
CORE Rifle Systems just announced the production of Left Handed Rifles! Currently they are offering left handed rifles in the HARDCORE line but more models will be available soon. Each Left Handed rifle will also be equipped with the CORE Ambi Charging Handle.
More details and purchase information available at www.Core15Rifles.com.
You asked and Magpul listened! The world’s toughest utility pouches are now available in black. Magpul DAKA pouches come in Small, Medium and Large and are ultra durable, water resistant pouches designed to bring organization to the dirty, dusty world we live and play in. Only question now is… What color will be next?
You can order your Magpul DAKA Pouches at www.magpul.com/products/pouches