A few months ago we told you guys about the new Magpul Industries Corp. MS3 sling. Well, just today Magpul released information regarding their new QD version of the MS3 sling. This was quite a point of contention for why many people didn’t buy the MS3 when it came out. Many people were hoping it would come with QD’s or at least have the ability change the attachment points on the MS3 instead of using Magpuls new lockable Paraclip. I personally bought the MS3 to try out when it was released a while back but ended up sticking with my TAREINCO VTP sling because it functioned the same (2-to-1 point) but used QD’s. Now that the QD version is available I may have to add another sling to the mix. Anyways, check out the pics and info below. These are shipping to dealers now so should be available for purchase soon.
Filling the same mission requirement as the standard MS3 Sling, the MS3 Single QD can quickly switch between one-point and two-point configuration. The MS3 Single QD maintains material construction and specifications identical to that of the standard MS3, but features a heavy-duty push-button QD sling swivel for the one-point (rear) weapon attachment rather than the Magpul Paraclip™. This modification allows compatibility with QD sling cups commonly found on lower receivers, receiver end plates, and buttstocks.
Made in U.S.A.
– Heavy-duty push-button QD sling swivel for one-point attachment
– Light weight yet durable hardware made with hardened steel and/or heavy-duty polymer
– Paraclip™ shackle allows for fast transition between one-point and two-point configuration
– Cross-Bolt Lock Bar in the Paraclip allows the user to optionally lock its lever closed for extra security
– Steel Paraclip lever is case hardened and finished with a ferritic nitrocarburizing process for extreme resistance to wear and corrosion
– Custom 1.25 inch wide nylon webbing material is strong and wear resistant while remaining anti-chaff for user comfort
– Adjustment Loop for rapidly adding or removing sling tension in two-point mode with a single-hand
– MIL-STD-595 IR compliant for the Coyote colored webbing
– Sling Mounting
– REAR – Works with receivers, end plates, and buttstocks that have a QD socket for one-point attachment.
– FRONT – Compatible with the Magpul RSA®, MSA™, and Forward Sling Mount, as well as many snap-hook style sling loops* and standard or QD sling swivels for use in two-point mode.
You can check out the MS3 QD and many other awesome products at Magpul.com. As soon as I see these at retailers I’ll be sure to let you all know! – Ben