Posted on March 26th, 2015 by ar15news
Here is a Sneak Peek at a joint development between Battle Arms Development and CMT Tactical, the Integral PDW STOCK assembly which is not an add-on option but a monolithic design completely machined into the lower receiver. Coming from someone who owns PDW stock from another manufacturer, I can tell you that this system will pretty much fix all of the issues associated with other PDW style stocks on the market.
The production PDW STOCK Length will come in at under 4.5″ (prototype shown is 5.75″). This Integral PDW STOCK assembly uses a standard bolt carrier and retains the ability to shotgun the upper which is typically not possible with PDW style stocks. It also features some additional improvements such as ultra smooth guid rods with bushing, stainless steel ball bearing rolling and locking mechanism, strong dimpled rod locking positions, stock is lockable in both directions, adjustable/tune able buffer up to H2 weight, built in QD positions, ability to lock back BCG, etc. One of the improvements that I like the most is the fact that it has a cheek rest. I have a PDW style stock WITHOUT a cheek rest and its not what I would call an ideal setup. As you can imagine, this setup has Multiple PATENTS PENDING!
Unique Features/Improvements of this new PDW STOCK/RECEIVER:
1. Lightweight but strong monolithic design from the ground up for the PDW style stock. Less bulk vs add-on versions.
2. Use standard Bolt Carrier, no proprietary carrier (when combined with the new Battle Arms PDW Buffer & Spring System)
3. Ability to shotgun the upper for field service.
4. Stronger & Lightweight dimpled rail design, no large slot cuts in the rail that weakens the stock.
5. Smooth, stainless steel ball bearing like action…wait, it is on ball bearings!
6. Continuous cheek weld!
7. Lockable in both directions
8. Easy single motion latch release, no need to fumble with two hands to get the stock released.
9. Compact, 4.5″ overall length collapsed…about 1″ shorter than the prototype.
10. Ability to lock back BCG.
11. Ability to “Tune” the rifle with different “reciprocating weight” buffers, up to the equivalent of a H2. Normally you have only one choice for proprietary buffer.
12. Quiet locking mechanism for stealth.
They are hoping to release the Integral PDW Lower Receiver and Stock some time this summer so start getting ready now. No pricing information has been released but you can kind of come up with an idea of a number if you understand that you will be buying a lower receiver and PDW stock assembly together. If you would like to keep informed as this product progresses through the final design changes, click on the links below and follow their respective Facebook and Instagram pages closely.
Battle Arms Development Facebook Page
Battle Arms Development Instagram
CMT Tactical Facebook Page
CMT Tactical Instagram